Author Topic: Homer Has Been Conquered ... 1000 Yards  (Read 16987 times)

Ranch 13

• Free Grazer
Re: Homer Has Been Conquered ... 1000 Yards
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 08:17:05 PM »
 John I got lucky I suppose. My wife has always liked to hunt and shoot, but she was a bit aloof on this stuff. Finally talked her into doing a bit of spotting for me. Then she thought she'ld maybe try some shooting during the prematch practicing, after she watched gals like Linda Klinden, and Kathy Coates making things ring. Now she's shooting her own 40-65 and having more fun than she'll admit too.

Oh by the way she's got 3 closets full of clothes and lets me have about 1/2 of the small one for the stuff I could stuff in my duffel. ::)  That Marcos woman don't know squat about shoes. :faint:
Eat more BEEF the west wasn't won on a salad.
http://historicshooting.com/mybb/index.php

w44wcf

• Free Grazer
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 06:38:37 AM »
John Boy,

Thank you for the kind words.  Glad to see that you made it home aok.
No doubt, those were some very challenging  :o conditions !  Next time, we'll try to pick a few days when the weather is a bit more cooperative ;D .

I'll be heading back to Ridgway for the Cast Bullet Rifle Silhouette Championship June 9, 10, 11.  What a fuunnn time that will be. ;D  ;D

w44wcf   

aka w30wcf
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka John Kort
NRA Life member
.22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .38 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F., .45 Colt  Cartridge Historian

Lucky Ed Pepper

• Free Grazer
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 01:50:39 PM »
John Boy
Did you punch in the bullet drift for the 1000yds,what is it about 10 MOA to left or is it right?

Ed
Best Wishes
Ed Malinowski
"Shade Whisperer" First Class.
SASS 75748

John Boy

• Free Grazer
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 03:15:28 PM »
Ed, I can't give you an honest answer.  The winds on some day changed so frequently, windage adjustment was all over the place.

The Pedersoli lower scale has 10 spaces - each space is 4 MOA (4" @ 100) ... Do remember one adjustment was 4 spaces which would be 13.3 feet - 16 MOA
Regards
John
SASS ~ Darkside WartHog ~ SBSS (OGB, w/Star) ~ SCORRS
GAF Bvt 1st LT, Atlantic Division Scouts
Devote Convert to BPCR