Author Topic: Clint Eastwoods Serape  (Read 9700 times)

Brushy Briggs

• Free Grazer
Clint Eastwoods Serape
« on: June 02, 2007, 11:49:36 AM »
Does anyone know of a place to get one like he wore in "Fist full of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More" and "The Good, etc."  Thanks.

Mild Myles

• Free Grazer
Re: Clint Eastwoods Serape
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »
Try here http://www.wholesalecentral.com/sercal0001/store.cfm?event=showcatalog&catid=73830
The Clint Eastwood marked ones have a leather reinforced collar and are $50 but the others that look about the same cost from $8.75 to $16 and it wouldn't be too hard to add your own reinforced collar...
Mild Myles

Brushy Briggs

• Free Grazer
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »

Thanks Mild, thats what I was looking for.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 10:41:27 AM »
I got mine in the MARCADO in Cuidad Juarez.

compass will

• Free Grazer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »
Here is a site I stumbled across with Clint gear
http://www.spaghettiwesternreplicas.com/

Harry Eales

• Free Grazer
  • The last of the English gunfighters.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »
Ouch, those prices are very expensive. Ten years back I was in Spain, you could buy Poncho's just like Clint Eastwoods for well under 40 Bucks, hand woven wool a well. Nice an warm on the bed in winter too. lol.

Harry

Ace Lungger

• Free Grazer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 05:41:23 AM »
I wanted to bring this up, but since I am a newbie, I sure don't want to upset anyone. How in the world, if you are a avarage wage person how can you afford this kinda stuff!
 Man I have been hitting every second hand store, flea market , garage sale I can trying to pick up stuff!
 That brings me up to ask another question, isn't part of the sport, to change your looks (and I mean in charater) God knows I need help in the real looks!!!
I just ordered my open tops, and have been up since 3:00am trying figure out the cheapest holster setup I can do.
 I am thinking on buying a RH holster & a LH holster and a belt to match, then i can where it the RH on the left side and LH on the Right side, and then I could were them Rto R, and L to L,  If I buy cross draws you got to wear them that a way, isn't that right?
I would be great full for you pards input!!!!  It would be nice to have about 6 holster rigs at the same time, but It going to take me 6 years to do that! >:(

So jump in there and help me out  :hail:

Later
Ace

Ten Wolves Five Shooter

• Free Grazer
  • Live To Fight Another Day
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »
Howdy Ace

I think we've talked before, it's not easy by any means, to put together all the stuff you need for CAS, I went through the same thing you are , a couple years ago, it took me the better part of a year and four months to get mine together, there is one thing you can do to save your self some money , and that's to learn how to work with leather , I bought several books, read them , and started making little things like key fobs and knife sheaths, and then onto holsters and gun belts, at this time I've made six compleate gun rigs , and I made them the way I wanted them, not just what is available on line, I made my first holster about three monts after I started leather craft, so if you want to save alot of money , and get just what you want , try making your own , this is how a lot of us pards got started, and if I can do it, you can too, not all of us have a ton of money laying around , Will Ghormely has some great paterns you can buy from Tandy Leather Factory,Think about this , and if you want to give it a try , just go slow , and in no time at all you will be knocking out the gun rigs you've been dreaming of .

As far as guns go there is no easy fix , it's all about what you want , and how much you have to spend , there are some good deals out there on used guns , but you need to know what you are doing, you don't want somebody eleses problems, but there are some good bargins out there , you just have to keep your eyes and ears open .

The Clint Eastwood Serape, I found at the Los Angeles County Fair this year , four about $39.00, good prices , and nice quality

Good luck with this Pard, and if you need help just haller  ???  ::)  ??? it just takes time , but this just makes the fun last longer

Ten Wolves Five Shooter  ;)  :D  ;D  :usabig:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 07:22:09 PM by Ten Wolves Five Shooter »
Stoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About...

Ace Lungger

• Free Grazer
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »
Thanks Ten Wolves,
 I have thought of trying to do my own leather goods. You mentioned buying some one eles's problems, and you are right! Well I don't know if you have ever heard of Branson Mo., they have a place called Silver Dollar City, it is a place for everyone, if you have kids there are rides, for the adults, there is a wood working shop a carving shop, a leather shop, ect. Now I guess they still do this, but when I was 12 years old and that was 1967, we went down there, at that time they had a Big train with several cars, and doing your ride, there would be a train robbery, good guys, bad guys. ect, Most there gun props were Hawes Western Marshall's in 45 LC and they shot B.P. Blanks.
  Well about 4 months ago, I was in my local gun shop and he had just bought these 2 boxes of gun parts and fishing reels ect., in those boxes where 2 hawes frames, 2 cyclinders, 1 hammer, and that is it! They didn't have a spot of blue on them, but what caught my eye was they were stamped Silver Dollar City Mo., then I found the dates, and I couldn't believe it, they were 1967's. I paid to much for them, but sometimes you do that, if I would of know how much the parts were going to cost I wouldn't of bought them. ( mI could of bought 2 new Uberti Cattleman) Now I have been reloading and Tinkering around with broken guns for 30 years, shotguns, rifles, a lot of action jobs on Auto's mainly 1911's.
   Yesterday I started putting one of those guns toghter (what a pain) I spent 4 hours trying to get this first one timed, and I havn't got it yet, got 5 out of 6, so tomorrow, a complete tear down, and re inspect and mic out my cyclinder lugs. Every piece has to be hand fitted, and I must make sure I havn't got something wrong.
  Sorry about getting off track, could you tell me what they call or where I might look for the Flat top hat like the one that Clint Eastwood wore in Hang EM High?
 I don't know where you live but with my bad back, I can't hardly get around in this cold. I am wanting to go to a shoot so bad  :hail:  that it is driving me crazy!!!!

Hope to talk soon.
Ace

Ten Wolves Five Shooter

• Free Grazer
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »
Back at ya Ace

That's pretty wild you finding something of good memeries from you're past , even if the guns won't shoot , their nice to have , that Silver dollar City , sounds , like what we used to have here in the San Fernando Vally, in So. California. back in the 50's and 60's it was callen Corgonville, I used to love to go there , we would get to met a lot of the movie stars of that time , Great Fun. You might have a problem getting the hawes back to shooting form , but it will be a fun challenge, good luck with that. I have some web sites you and the rest of my pards, might want to look at for hats and serapys, so here gos, Nice talking with you Ace , keep in touch.

Ten Wolves Five Shooter :usabig:

www.spaghettiwesternreplicas.com

www.riverjunction.com
www.bbar10.com
www.cmhats.com
www.hollywoodprop.com/spaghettihats.htm

Wireman

• Free Grazer
  • Got any Primers?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »
I got one too!

Just wern't warm as I was hoping.

We had two shoots canceled caussa' Weather this weekend!

That ain't supposed ta happen in DA SOUTH!

:howdy:
Carolina Cattleman, Old Hickory Regulator, Cross Creek Cowboy, NCCI (BOD)
Gunfighter, Jedi, Student of the Dark Arts
ROII
Shooter Ready....Stand by......
2008 NC State Champion Frontier Cowboy
2007 NC State Championship Top 5 Gunfighter, (5th, it counts)
2006, 07, 08 NC State Games Gunfighter Gold Medalist 
"Choose your category wisely"

Ace Lungger

• Free Grazer
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 04:44:01 AM »
Hey Ten,
I will check those sites out, I thank you!! After I took about a 2 hour break, i went back after the gun, and got it timed. KNow I got to finish putting it back togther, and see what else it needs before I start on the other one. I plan on shooting these guns. Only thing I wished is that I would of took pic's before and after. Sometime, when you have time look up Silver Dollar City, they are people that drive from your area or close to you, that go there!
 Now another question, What style of hat do they call the hat that C.E. wore in Hang EM High, FLAT TOP?

I realy am greatfull for the help you have been giving me.
Ace

Ten Wolves Five Shooter

• Free Grazer
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 11:16:45 AM »
Howdy Ace

Glad to hear the guns are going back together OK, that's good news, and it's never to late to take pictures. The hat CE wore in hang um high, is called just that , I guess he's the one that made it famous, it's really just called a flat top, it's in the first web site I gave you, these web sites, have some dang nice hats , a little pricey, but they look to be of quality, let me know what you think. ???

Ten Wolves  :usabig:

EDK

• Free Grazer
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
The Clint Eastwood hat in HANG 'EM HIGH has "a flat brim and telescope crown."  Any western store will understand what you mean with these terms.

I've been using that style for over 40 years.  Generally, you buy a hat and then have it custom creased.  Tonto Rim is a cowboy supplier who comes to mind.  You might also look in WESTERN HORSEMAN classifieds...Catalena Hatters are good people.   Occasionally there are hats for sale at SASSnet or eBay.  Getting a hat cleaned, blocked, new lining and sweatband is about $70, but it will be better than new and shaped as you want.   This is a 3 or 4 year thing, depending on how much you use it.   You want a 4X or better hat for quality and longevity...the newer ones are not as good as those I bought 20 years or more ago.  A new 6X is a shade nicer than an old 4X, and way better than a new 4X.  You definitely get what you pay for in hats.  Stay with Stetson or Resistol if you can't check it out in person.  Expect to pay $150 and up, even on sale.  A hat was always one of a cowboy's most expensive item of clothing, second only to his boots.