Author Topic: Golly ... Been a Long Drink of Water!  (Read 1718 times)

John Boy

• Free Grazer
Golly ... Been a Long Drink of Water!
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:26:58 PM »
Looked in my reference notebook today and the last time I was at the range with a BPCR ... was 30 November 2007!
Was a fun day shooting but bad results with some 405's and Postells that I was experimenting with.  Maybe 20mph winds from 7:00 - gusting to 40mph per my anemometer had anything to do with it?  ::)

Did have a great time rapping with several members that I haven't seen for these passing months!
Regards
John
SASS ~ Darkside WartHog ~ SBSS (OGB, w/Star) ~ SCORRS
GAF Bvt 1st LT, Atlantic Division Scouts
Devote Convert to BPCR

Lars

• Free Grazer
Re: Golly ... Been a Long Drink of Water!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:53:19 AM »
Been even longer than that since we have been able to get out for any practice or load testing shooting. Keep hoping next week, on day we are free, it will not be -3,0C and horizontal snow fall.

Lars

Uriah

• Free Grazer
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 06:24:09 PM »
I've been waiting for it to just get warm enough to cast some bullets in the garage.

And will it ever be a messy spring. Been to the range a couple times in the last few weeks with pistols. Snow, water, mud, and wait till the frost starts coming out.

Uriah

Ailean Mac

• Free Grazer
  • Honor never goes out of style
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 02:29:11 PM »
Well I been putting on the scratchy, red woolies and going out to blow little holes in the snow and mud here.  Never been out more than two hours at a time as the winds just get up under my kilt.  But my wife got me a pair of shooting mittens that really do help!  Kinda like gloves with no fingers, but with a sack that can cover your hands or folds back to velcro against the back of your hand when you need fingers.  If you don't have any of these, look into them - they really are nice to have. 
Now, if someone can only tell me how to keep my spent casings out of the ice flows that glacier under the bench....

-Ailean Mac said that
-Ailean Mac  said that

Lord save us from all those folks who think they know how to save us

Dick Dastardly

• Free Grazer
  • Big Lube boolit caster
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:49 AM »
It's like this here in Southern Wisconsin, just below the glacier.  We set a new winter snowfall record.  The previous record was 76.something inches.  We went past 100 inches and are expecting more tonight.  That's TWO FEET plus, more than the previous record from back around 1804.  That's TWO FEET plus more than Algore would have had us expect (global warming nobel prize winner).

Anyway, it was a great chance to go shoot some snow banks and do bullet recovery.  Nice fluffy snow makes a great media for shooting into when you want to see what your bullets look like beyond the barrel.  So, even though this winter has had it's down side, there was some positive use made of it.

Now, watch out for news of "global COOLING".

DD-DLoS

P.S. Bullets go further thru snow than you might expect. . .
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar