Author Topic: texan shot shell reloader  (Read 4007 times)

mose

• Free Grazer
texan shot shell reloader
« on: November 14, 2005, 03:20:17 PM »
I have been given a TEXAN shot shell reloader .I have loaded about a 100 shells on it and it seems to work okay. I do not have any information books on it and I am also having trouble with load data for it .
Does anyone use this contraption or is it a piece of junk . I am very new to shot shell loading so I could use all the help I can find.
If this machine is worth the effort and anyone knows where I can find some information and bushings for it please let me know.
If this is a waste of energy let me know also as I have also been given a MEC and couple of LEE loaders but the texan is in like new shape.
Thanks '
Mose

Hedley Lamarr

• Territorial Marshal
  • Bama Belle says that I am "Roguishly Handsome"...
Hedley Lamarr

"There's a special rung in hell reserved for people who waste good scotch." - Lt. Archie Hickox

mose

• Free Grazer
Re: texan shot shell reloader
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 07:38:43 PM »
HEDLEY , Thanks for the help.The info you sent me let me know what I have and as I hoped it is a pretty solid machine.I tried some of the ideas on that site and it worked great .
Thanks again
Mose

BlackhawkPaul

• Free Grazer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 01:54:51 PM »
I have three shotshell presses on my bench, a Lee, a MEC and a Dietemeyer. Also a BPC brass base resizer. I also use the BPC wooden cone shape dowel skivers to flare the mouths. I use the best features of each device because each seems to have a particular strength fora particular types of shotshell reloading. I use MICA wadslick lube on the wads, lube the shotshell cases. I usually do not have to wash the shotshells or clean the primer pockets unless there is visual crud therein. Get a few good books about shotshell reloading. It is great and you can produce some fine loads.

Goatlips

• Free Grazer
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 07:55:35 PM »
Hay Mose.

If your Texan is the big honking shovel handeled progressive model, despair not.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 08:00:16 PM by Goatlips »
The aesthetic problem with shootin' Black Powder is that it's like bein' extraordinarily handsome - only the onlookers can fully appreciate it!

SASS #13135  SBSS #1185 Wolverine Rangers/Lake County Pistoleros
 http://goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html