Author Topic: My Prayer Bones ache  (Read 3319 times)

Heyoka

• Free Grazer
My Prayer Bones ache
« on: January 06, 2010, 05:46:09 AM »
 :howdy:
I am a diabetic with nueropathy and cellulitis.  I am asking for prayers regarding the latter which has kept me housbound from before Thanksgiving.  Housebound is unpleasant.  Doctors keep bringing up the possibility of amputation if the problem does not correct itself.

Sorry for the grimness of this, but this one has me scared.

Heyoka
I ARE A WARTHOG!!

Kootenai Brown

• Free Grazer
  • The Unknown Frontiersman
Re: My Prayer Bones ache
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:09:17 PM »
Heyoka,

I sent you an email with some information on diabetes. I have some first hand knowledge of the topic. I hope you can find a way to beat this thing soon.

Best regards,

Kootenai
I admire your notion of fair odds.

Dutchy

• Free Grazer
  • 'Clear Sights'
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:25:06 PM »
Been fighting this same battle for near 25 years . Not fun but never let it beat you .
I offer you my Best Wishes  and my prayers for a better health report soon .
Remember in your darkest hour , you are never alone . Drop me a line anytime .

Dutchy.

Heyoka

• Free Grazer
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »
 :howdy:

Thank you to all who responded.  It is strength.  The nurse who wraps my legs every 4 days
said the swelling has been reduced by 40-50% (thanks to 40 mg of lasix 2X a day) and I am scheduled to return to the wound clinic on Tuesday.

Thank you all for everything
heyoka
I ARE A WARTHOG!!

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 09:54:07 PM »
Heyoka;  I'm glad to hear there is progress.  Prayers likely helped, mine included.

Medication also helps, as does diet & exercise.  I am confidant that your progress will continue.

Keep it up!

Rev Willy Dunkum

• Free Grazer
  • FCGF
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 02:37:21 PM »
Heyoka, prayers are with ya pard.  My wife has been in nursing for almost 40 years and knows firsthand the care of various diabetes.  Her brother was a brittle diabetic and did have to undergo amputation even tho he was a true athlete, lifted weights and watched his diet.  Keep the faith, no matter what.  It wouldn't be the end of the world, just a new side road to travel.

Take care my friend.  God bless.

Rev Willy Dunkum