Author Topic: Mom's in hospital  (Read 2661 times)

Thuer breath

• Free Grazer
Mom's in hospital
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
Howdy Pards.  Last Sunday, mom wasn't feeling well.  We took her to hospital & found out she had suffered a slight stroke..speach affected slightly..while there, she had another small one..periphal vision of right eye affected.
   She is is great spirits..hoping to be able to go home next week.  Her speach has improved alot.  Mom is going to be 88 March 11.
One good thing, my older sister lives at home with her.  They are only about 5 miles from me.  Could you please keep her in your prayers.  Thank you.

John Boy

• Free Grazer
Re: Mom's in hospital
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:46 AM »
Prayers up to Saint Pio and wishes for Mom's speedy recovery
Mom's are special people!
Regards
John
SASS ~ Darkside WartHog ~ SBSS (OGB, w/Star) ~ SCORRS
GAF Bvt 1st LT, Atlantic Division Scouts
Devote Convert to BPCR

Smokin Guns John

• Free Grazer
  • Me 'n' the Missus
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:55:31 AM »
Our prayer's for your Mom and family.
Smokin Guns John

"Badges? We ain't got no badges.  We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any steenking badges...."

Proud holder of a "Dark Side" sticky

USAF OCT '68 - JUN '78; Darksider, Warthog, SASS, SCORRS, SBSS, NRAL, BPCRS, LASSOOS, .22LR BPCRS

Thuer breath

• Free Grazer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:07:48 PM »
Howdy Pards..and a big thank you for all your prayers!  Visited mom today..they moved her to therapy floor..When I saw her, instead of hospital gown..she had her street clothes on!  Speach nearly 100% back, right leg just a bit weaker than left..there working on both of those things, pheriphal vision gone in right eye..but considering her age of 88 years young..not too bad.
   She was reminicsing of when she was a young girl walking to school in the winter & having to dry her soaking wet socks on the steam radiator in schoolroom (never had any boots)  and for lunch..mustard and sugar sandwiches..those were depression times.

Cary Kid

• Free Grazer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 11:17:45 AM »
God bless your Mom, and all Moms everywhere........They have had the toughest job on record
TB, I will pray for your Mom's recovery............The little Sweetie is 88 huh?......That says an awful lot about her right off the bat.....She was a young woman during WW2.......She is part of the generation what saved us all from  Nazi domination.

She has certainly paid enough dues to be allowed to enjoy her golden years.......I'm happy that she's starting to feel better...
NRA Endowment, Instructor...........
AF & AM
SASS life
"WTUS #3..:)"
BP Warthog Gunfighter
I cast and shoot......
The Boolits what shoot themselves clean........

Thuer breath

• Free Grazer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »
Howdy Pards and thanks for prayers!  Moms coming home wednesday!  Cary Kid..she worked at the AC Spark Plug plant during WW2
on the line making spark plugs.  My dad worked there as a Machine Repairman & they met at a dance one weekend.  Thanks again!