Author Topic: Prayer Posse - Strong Prayer for Comfort Needed - My Close Friend is Dying  (Read 3007 times)

John Boy

• Free Grazer
Pray Posse - Need strong prays for comfort!
My long time close friend & shooting buddy Swiss Oscar is dying.  The doctors say he has about a week before passing over after he entered the hospital last Thursday.  Presently he's in Intensive Care with a daily chart that only says:
Comfort - Decrease Pain

I try to stay strong but the tears and sadness in my heart are all day long.  I pray to God & Jesus to provide comfort for Bill.  Please send your prays up too ... Thanks Posse in this time of need
Regards
John
SASS ~ Darkside WartHog ~ SBSS (OGB, w/Star) ~ SCORRS
GAF Bvt 1st LT, Atlantic Division Scouts
Devote Convert to BPCR

w44wcf

• Free Grazer
John Boy,
Very sorry to learn of this. Prayers said.......

John
aka w30wcf
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka John Kort
NRA Life member
.22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .38 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F., .45 Colt  Cartridge Historian

John Boy

• Free Grazer

I was with my Best Friend when the Good Lord took Swiss Oscar this afternoon. He has been on a morphine drip since last Thursday so the pain was very minimal, suffering from the effects of stomach cancer and renal failure.

Watching my friend die and his heart beat and blood pressure continuously drop to a flat line on the monitor was very hard on his family members and myself. But he is at Peace now and truthfully, I am too this evening

I will always have superb memories of Bill, our close personal conversations with exchanges of advice, having dinner together with classical music playing, working in his machine shop together on firearms projects, many hours of range and match time together - CAS, Schuetzen and long range, needing a question answered from his photographic memory or he doing the research in his extensive library, his knowledge transfer about the histrionics of firearms, etc, etc. I am sure others have equal close friends and they are to be cherished

For those that subscribe to The Single Shot Journal, Editor Kim Boyd, will have a Memorium in the May Issue. William Roth Jr prepared monthly articles for publication about vintage single shot rifles that were in his extensive collection, upwards of 800 varied long arms. I used to kid Bill ... but you only own 2 handguns - a pair of 1875 Remington Revolvers ;)

Goodby my Good Friend and may the Good Lord think favorably of you up there which I'm sure he will - Amen
Regards
John
SASS ~ Darkside WartHog ~ SBSS (OGB, w/Star) ~ SCORRS
GAF Bvt 1st LT, Atlantic Division Scouts
Devote Convert to BPCR

Ranch 13

• Free Grazer
 :'(
Eat more BEEF the west wasn't won on a salad.
http://historicshooting.com/mybb/index.php

Cary Kid

• Free Grazer
I haven't missed this post......
I have prayed for your pal...........
I don't make a deal over it.......
But Pard, I have burned up my share of votive candles.....
We will all see what's really on the other side........
Myself, my friend, I'm truely hoping for Jesus Christ, with a Hawian shirt and a shot of Rum.......
Saying here ya go Ck, ya made the grade.........
I certainly hope your friend Oscar made the grade..............
Come on Pard, he made it.....You would have to be Adolph Hitler or Joe Stalin to get shut out...............
I believe... my Pard...and lately....standing this close to the brink......I believe even more............

We who are left behind................We suffer the pain...................
NRA Endowment, Instructor...........
AF & AM
SASS life
"WTUS #3..:)"
BP Warthog Gunfighter
I cast and shoot......
The Boolits what shoot themselves clean........

Cary Kid

• Free Grazer
My daughter made me laugh..... ;D
She said Pops, if you check out your going to get "Mobbed" on "The Rainbow Bridge"
You have squirrels, racoons, groundhogs, deer, dogs, possums, horses and kittys by the score all waiting for you.
I have to laugh because she's right.....If it isn't hunting season I take care of anybody at the door.
Especially in the winter time.......My kitties are all rescues with issues...........That's fine.....
I love them all..........
I told my daughter that she got the critter caring gene from me......She was 20 years as a Vet's assistant........Now she's just an artist...........

Even counting the six Saber Tooth Tigers I raised up from kits...Who remembers that story?..........

I should drag the land sub out of mothballs for another ride............
I haven't been down in the super secret land sub base in a spell............

If were alive were obliged to keep on keeping on
It's just how it works...................
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:40:06 PM by Cary Kid »
NRA Endowment, Instructor...........
AF & AM
SASS life
"WTUS #3..:)"
BP Warthog Gunfighter
I cast and shoot......
The Boolits what shoot themselves clean........