Author Topic: A modest proposal-  (Read 5884 times)

Heyoka

• Free Grazer
A modest proposal-
« on: November 30, 2012, 03:26:46 AM »
 :howdy:
I am going to celebrate my birthday (May 26th) with the purchase of my very own hat, whicj I have dubbed "The Manhunter".  What I want is a top hat with a five inch crown and a 5"-6" brim! and a 3-4x beaver to boot in Black, with stampede strings and in size 8.

It is not impossible to find, but will be done from scratch unless one of you knows a hatmaker with the ability and tools to make it a reality.

After almost six years of being housebound, i have lost enough weight to go out amongst 'em and will do so in 2013.

Yup

Egad!!  Tis time for my dosage of 2 ounces of Wild Turkey over two ice cubes and my Valium!!
(exits :usabig:  stage right singing Moonlight Bay..)
I ARE A WARTHOG!!

Smokin Guns John

• Free Grazer
  • Me 'n' the Missus
Re: A modest proposal-
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:43:11 PM »
Here ya go -

Schafer Hat Works
PO BOX 1319
Noble, Oklahoma 73068
(405) 872-9997

No web site - however he does very good work.  He made my noggin cover back in '99.  Give him a call.  Maybe snail mail a pic or sketch of what you want!
Smokin Guns John

"Badges? We ain't got no badges.  We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any steenking badges...."

Proud holder of a "Dark Side" sticky

USAF OCT '68 - JUN '78; Darksider, Warthog, SASS, SCORRS, SBSS, NRAL, BPCRS, LASSOOS, .22LR BPCRS

Calico Jack

• Free Grazer
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »
Tim Bender at TP & H Trading.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 09:26:23 PM »

Heyoka

• Free Grazer
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:25 AM »
Yes, the Pale Rider' is exactly what I want, but with a much wider brim (keeps the rtain, snow, hail and other heavenly projectiles (Meteors and Bird Poop) off'n mah hayd...
I ARE A WARTHOG!!

Heyoka

• Free Grazer
Right out of the first novel-
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 07:50:54 PM »
I found my hat!   It's wool felt with a 4" crown and 6" Brim.   Costs under $100.00
It's a woman's wide brimmed hat!!!!!!   After I remove the fooferaws, It will become a MANLY HAT, worn by a MANLY MAN!

*Growl*  *Grrrrrr*  *Snort*
  It's a quick fix for me until I can get a really wide brimmed Danite Hat

I must go now and overmedicate....
I ARE A WARTHOG!!

Smokin Guns John

• Free Grazer
  • Me 'n' the Missus
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:29 AM »
:tequila:
Aahhh - four fingers of your favorite adult libation! ;D 
Smokin Guns John

"Badges? We ain't got no badges.  We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any steenking badges...."

Proud holder of a "Dark Side" sticky

USAF OCT '68 - JUN '78; Darksider, Warthog, SASS, SCORRS, SBSS, NRAL, BPCRS, LASSOOS, .22LR BPCRS

Heyoka

• Free Grazer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 04:37:54 AM »
Four fingers?!!  Egad sir,   I am no souse!  Just that space between the top of my Index finger pointing to eleven on the clock and the bottom of my little finger pointing to the seven!.  One and only one drink per eight hour day.

"Nothing to excess, but temptation"  Heyoka, February 17, 2013
I ARE A WARTHOG!!